Logo_search_box
Enter a verse or keywords (John 3:16, love, sword of the spirit)

13 July 2007

Just bizarre

The Salvation Army's Fleet Department at its Territorial HQ is a great dept. It looks after all SA vehicles which is quite an undertaking as each officer/officer couple has a car plus there are minibuses, vans etc etc etc. They look after the maintenance contracts, breakdown contracts, fuel card provision, replacement and so much more. So, you'd be forgiven for presuming that they're on the ball..... well.......

One member of staff there (who will of course remain nameless) is great. She's new yet very helpful and pleasant to chat to. Earlier this year, I was trying to sort out a new fuel card for the new van my work had received. In giving the vehicle model I said "Iveco" for that is what it is! She says: "Iveco ... ... ... is that a Ford?" I found this amusing at the time but put it down to the fact she would mainly deal with cars so Van makes would be new to her.

but....

This week I was chatting with my friend and colleague who has recently been made a Lieutenant at a local Corps (anonymity reigns again). He had recently completed the paperwork to receive a fleet car. He received a phone call last week from this same helpful member of staff to say that they couldn't process his order because he hadn't selected the fabric colour for the seats. I know!!! Anyway, he said to her that 1) he wasn't really fussed and 2) on the model he had chosen there was no choice - you got grey whether you liked it or not. Her response: "so what colour would you like then?"

Is it me????!!!!

2 comments:

reverendmavis said...

Oh dear...

Where do TSA get their staff from these days?

caldjr said...

well, not sure Kevin - but they employed me and you....... :)