Logo_search_box
Enter a verse or keywords (John 3:16, love, sword of the spirit)

28 November 2007

busy busy busy

December - the month containing Christmas - the time of peace on earth and goodwill to all mankind - the celebration of the birth of our Saviour and Lord - a time to reflect.

So why is my diary soooooo full!?

Was getting a bit fed up tonight. Many things building up in the "must be done by Christmas" list. Band practice had overrun a tad and we have a short turn around to enable me to get home and C-A to come out to Singing Group practice. So the fact we were 6 mins over wasn't good. Then when I'd got all my stuff packed up, others were still chatting and faffing when we should have been closing in prayer. When we did get to pray, the pray-er said - I think we should spend some moments in quiet reflection before we pray. AAAAAAGGGHH. Why should we. Okay there's lots coming up and I guess we should pray for those we'll come into contact with but - we're running late tonight - get on with it!

Then these words came into my head:

"Take from our souls the strain and stress and let our ordered lives confess the beauty of Thy Peace."
John G Whittier

Suddenly, all was calm and well. Thanks God.

1 comment:

Chris H said...

I love and hate Christmas at the same time. The child in me loves it all, but it gets so busy I get fed up very quickly.