Logo_search_box
Enter a verse or keywords (John 3:16, love, sword of the spirit)

12 August 2006

Encouragement

Have long recognised a ministry of encouragement within me and had it confirmed from others. Whilst its a great ministry to have, I confess its a bit of a pain sometimes because there are some times when the last thing I feel like doing is being encouraging. But Proverbs 11:25 says:

The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed;
In other words, the times you least feel like encouraging others is the time you really should be encouraging them, as you will be encouraged in return. It's kind of like a gift that gives.

So, I endeavour to spur myself on to encourage as much as possible not just so that I can be encouraged (although that does help) but so that a little more happiness and positivity can be spread around this world. I pray that you will seek out the encourager within you today.

Encouragers see potential where others only see problems.
David Jeremiah

No comments: